Here are the major takeaways from the 5-part article on Google’s vision for the future of audio:
- Google plans to double podcast consumption in the next few years
- Google’s goal is to make audio content and information as accessible and valued as text and video
- The first step was to put podcasts in google search results – with a play button on android phones right in the search results
- They are planning to transcribe audio into text to make it completely searchable (YouTube already does this)
- A content producer could flag the beginning of logical sections so that users can easily jump to the desired area of an audio piece
- Look-ahead scrubbing – this is really cool – as you move the play bar forward or backward, you would see the text pop up to help you find what you are looking for
- Take the translation and use AI voices to convert the audio to another language
- All this may be just the beginning…
If you are interested in educating employees or patients about any aspect of health, wellness, or well-being, you should be keeping your eye on these trends.
There are a lot of cool things you could be doing right now to better engage your audiences and deliver more powerful and inspirational content.
See also my previous post, Wellness Programs with Convenience and Context